TRADERS’ researchers entails the following activities, which take place more or less in parallel:
(1) a research through art and design approach wherein several methods are developed and tested in a real-life case study,
(2) an ethnographical analysis and evaluation of how these methods were applied in the concrete case study and how they interacted,
(3) the translation of the research results in a transferrable toolkit (wherein all the individual methods and their applications and interrelations are described),
(4) evaluation of this toolkit by the public, private partners in a series of interviews and via their participation in the development of the methods and
(5) a study of literature on participatory art and design research in public space.